Douglas M. Wartelle
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Estate Planning
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Educator / School & Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Family Law/Litigation
- Real Estate
Douglas Wartelle is a native of Everett, Washington. After graduating from the University of Puget Sound with Bachelor of Arts degrees in Economics and Political Science in 1992, he continued his education at Seattle University School of Law, and graduated in 1995 with his juris doctorate degree. Douglas has been practicing law in Snohomish County since 1995, where he practiced as a sole practitioner until January of 1999, at which time he joined the Firm as an associate and became a partner in April of 2003. He is admitted to practice in the State of Washington and federal courts.
His practice includes labor and employment litigation, family law, injury claims, general civil litigation, business litigation, and estate planning and adoptions. Douglas remains committed to defending and advancing the cases of the Firm’s clients, and recognizes that doing so requires thoughtful preparation, disciplines, and time.
Mr. Wartelle has represented client in the Superior and Appellate courts of the state of Washington, as well as in federal district court and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. He has also been a presenter at seminars on matter of estate planning.
"We had been attempting to resolve a case of identity fraud for two years. We attempted to deal directly with the company who opened an account to a client using our name. Unable to resolve the matter with the company and the credit collection agency who they turned the matter over to, we turned to legal advice from Doug Wartelle at Cogdill Nichols Rein Wartelle Andrews.
From the first meeting with Mr. Wartelle through the next few months the matter was treated in a very professional and efficient manner. The response of Mr. Wartelle resulted in an eventual dismissal of the case, A heavy load of stress was lifted from our lives. We are very thankful for Mr. Wartelle's expeditious and orderly help."
- Wayne B.
"Doug worked long and hard to get me compensation for my injury. He kept me informed of what was happening in the case and was there for me at my deposition. I am happy with the settlement I received and highly recommend Doug Wartelle and his staff."
- James S
- Seattle University, School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- Juris Doctorate - 05/1995
- University of Puget Sound
- Bachelor of Arts - 1992
- Major: Economics and Political Science
- Washington, 1995
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
Classes & Seminars
- Presenter, Estate Planning Seminars, Washington Education Association
- Member, Fulcrum Foundation Legacy Advisory Committee
- Member, Snohomish County Salary Survey Commission
- Commissioner, ICOLPH School
- President, ICOLPH School Commission
- Chair, ICOLPH School Finance Committee
- Member, OLPH Parish Finance Committee
- Trustee, Snohomish County Museum Of History
- Coach, Irish Youth Soccer
- Member, City of Everett Tree Committee
- Hearing Officer, Snohomish County PUD
- Washington State Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Skagit County Bar Association
- Whatcom County Bar Association
- American Institute of Family Law Lawyers
- American Institute Of Family Law Lawyers, 10 Best Attorneys, 2016 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Partner, 2003